- Why should I visit ABC Travel Clinic?
ABC TRAVEL CLINIC INC. specializes in Travel Medicine and our health care practitioners are Members of the International Society of Travel Medicine who will provide you with all equipped information that you will need to stay well protected on your upcoming trip. We have all of the vaccines and medications that you may need for your trip conveniently available on-site and our staff can administer the vaccines and dispense medications to you during your visit.
Our goal is to provide excellent care to our clients and to ensure that they receive only the recommended vaccines and medications that they may require for their travel in order to stay healthy.
In addition, we also offer the BEST prices in GTA.
- Where is the Clinic Located?
We are located in brand new facility easily accessible via TTC in the main intersections of Steeles and Yonge – “World on Yonge.” We are located on 7163 Yonge Street, on the 2nd Floor, Suite #282.
- Where can I park?
Please park underground. There are lots of parking spaces available. If you choose to park on the upper level – on the street, please note that you only have 20 minutes to park there.
- When should I book my Travel Consultation?
Ideally, we recommend that you book your initial travel consultation at least 4-6 weeks prior to travel. The reason for that is that some of the vaccines require a series of shots in order to provide you with the immunity that you will need for your trip in order to stay healthy. However, last minute booking is also available and we will try our very best to accommodate your schedule and to fit you in when it is the most convenient for you.
- What do I need to bring to my appointment?
You will need to bring the following items to your appointment:
- Complete itinerary: detailed information about your trip and specific cities and countries that you will be visiting as well as the length of stay in each of the cities/countries.
- Complete Immunization Record. You can ask your physician to fax us a complete list of your vaccinations record if you do not have time to go to see him/her directly.
- Our Fax Number is: 416-352-7673.
- Complete list of your medications including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and other health care medications.
- How long is the Travel Consultation Last?
The travel consultation typically may last from 45 to 60 minutes per traveller.
- Is Travel Medicine Covered by OHIP?
Unfortunately, Travel Medicine is not covered by OHIP. On our Website, under “Private Insurance Coverage” – you will be able to see a list of all of the vaccines and medications that we offer along with their Drug Identification Numbers (DINs). If you can, please ensure to call your Private Health Insurance to find out how much of the vaccines and medications they will be able to reimburse for you.